Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Must Be Morning

I'm not entirely certain I'm going to be able to keep this, the chaucer tales, two fiction classes, a 400 level research class and working at the pit, up for very long. Even by my standards I feel like I'm stretching it a little thin. Maybe I should just quit my job? Or maybe school? BOTH!@?

have been listening to the new staind cd and relishing it for the most part. songs like "the corner" and "the way I am" are a change from the other cd's that shows how staind is progressing, but those progressive songs are rather few. for the most part the cd seems to have a lot of similarly sounding songs as well as songs that either start like songs from past cd's or are so identical to them that it is hard to tell. even with that in mind, I've found the cd incredibly enjoyable to listen to and I've listened to it a lot since getting it.

the new slipknot came out yesterday, and although I'm not as impressed with it as I was when subliminal came out, I've only had one listen through which is not really enough to make a decision on it. I'm going to give it the once over a few more times tonight when I get back from my night class. cory has always had a way of winning me over with his music, as has the entire band, so I'm going to give them my best try.

1 comment:

HitchcockianTwist said...

the point of establishing these were to facilitate writing, so it really is unnecessary for you to do this and chaucer. I can't speak for aaron, but i believe you putting out one story a week is fine. it shows that you, like the rest of us, are trying to improve the craft and create something fucktastic. school and work should be old hat by now, given the amount of practice all of us have bloody had. best of luck chap.