Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Visit Steelforth, Again

May God smite you, Charles.


I have begun a work that I am particularly proud of. Its opening has been penned and I'm hoping that the transfer from ink to a .doc will allow me to understand what happens next. It would be nice to have created a world for characters to live in rather than to be forgotten about.

I've also decided to drop my poetry class in exchange for a creative non-fiction semester. Poetry is something that seems to be beyond me in the scope and detail it contains. I applaud those who can write it well, they are heroes in an age that seems to read less and less of their greatness.

Seeing all of you writing has inspired me to push through and write more often than I have been. Although I sit in a Fic I class with only one other CW major who's inspirations are under question, I come home to a tastey brew and a circle of my own. I am thankfull for this in a way that ugly men are thankful for that one pretty girl that fucked them in high school.

I will be home this weekend as will my brothers, biological and half-breed. Hopefully I will have something to show them for feedback and reassurance. Because you're just the woman who's everything good in my life, oh my brothers.

No comments: