Friday, April 11, 2008

Hammer Time, As I Live And Breathe

I had always wondered what became of the man in the "hammer pants" whose music my brother and I used to sit outside in the summer and listen to on the radio. We actually won a pair of cd's by being able to list some of MC Hammer's music and the order it was played in throughout the day. The reason I bring this to your attention is because he has his own blog here that he has been keeping since 2006 and it is an interestingly personal collection of his thoughts and ideas. I knew that he was an artist and entertainer, but I did not know to what extent his political interest and desire for debate went to. Peruse at your discretion, I found it interesting.

Aside from that I hit new revelations about chapter three and have put it mostly down on the page. Thanks to Theory for reviewing the piece I sent you, the critique was as good as I could have hoped for. I will admit that when I read the comments I was embarassed and angry and everything that comes with seeing the shortcomings of your work displayed. It was a "woods full of trees" moment for me and it hit the gooey center of my personal pride harder than I liked. Criticism is something I have never done well with, something that has spiked me internally many times over, but I have forced myself to take the truth with all the power that it demands and I am thankful that my brothers are unwilling to give me anything but that. I will no doubt send you the short story I'm starting to work on soon, if for nothing else then to see what I have missed and make it the best possible piece it could be.

I have not posted any flash fiction in a while, at least nothing continuing the story of the western madness. I may do that again if for nothing else then to take a break from the minds of my other characters. I've started thinking like them and I fear that schizophrenia will ensue.

Look alive, oh my brothers, there is summer on the horizon and festivities fly with in with the warmth. Until then.

No comments: