Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Am A Mother-Orphaned Teen Girl

I honestly feel like Cinderella but only if her work had a three drink minimum, and if she still had a mother.

The reading I'm part of is tomorrow, a venture called The Fifth Annual Ricki Lake Reading. The "headliner" as it were has been writing a book about a man who has been stalking Miss Lake for a long time and some shit goes down. The reason I'm like the Disney princess over here is because I have a ball to attend and I feel like I've got nothing to wear...or read.

Certainly I have a few stories I've finished this past semester, but they all taste like vile shit smeared across my eyes when I read them again. My red pen flies across each page marking some paragraphs as "unnecessary" and others as "unforgivable". I'm going to either read Gears which Aaron has seen or Redeemer which I've not really fleshed out. Either way I'll hopefully get through the day tomorrow without drinking so much that keighdee has to read for me or loathing so much that keighdee also has to read. If I'm drinking AND loathing then christ help everyone, at that point I'll probably just get up there with no copy and wing it.

1 comment:

Aaron McClaskey said...

how was it?

step softly,
aaron